Keep it going

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Where do my images end up?

I'm not a commercial photographer and currently I'm not so much worried about other people using my images for non commercial applications. I'd say I'm rather happy to see that and support them as much as can. However if you reach a certain point with your photography and start selling images you want to get paid! That's when a rather new application comes int place that performs a reverse image search among a collection of over 2 BILLION images.




TinEye is a reverse image search engine. You can submit an image to TinEye to find out where it came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or to find higher resolution versions.
TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks. It is free to use for non-commercial searching.


The application is free to use for non-commercial purposes, however there are services offered for professionals.

Check it out yourself: www.tineye.com
TinEye Services for Business. View TinEye Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment